Thursday, October 13, 2011

Maybe my only celebrity obsession

For quite a while I have been taken with the melding-of-celebrity-first-names phenomenon that we have seen with Bennifer and Brangelina. While I don't really care one way about the individuals, these guys can't divorce and dissolve these wonderful names.

What has surprised me about this phenomenon is that it has remained relatively limited. Only a select few celebrity couples have such melded names. Why isn't this more common?

To help popularize the phenomenon I have decided to help the process along by coming up with a few possible melded names for your other favourite celebrity couples:

Russell Brand and Katy Perry = Rusty

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher = Demon

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes = Toe

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds - ScarRy

Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett = Lylia

Unfortunately my limited knowledge of celebrity couples limits the number of these that I can create. Though I'm sure that with these as a starting point you can all go forth and create your own melded celebrity names that you can then try to slip into the vernacular of the day (with the eventual goal of seeing them on TMZ or Perez Hilton).

1 comment:

Donald McKay said...

For Roberts and Lovett, how about Loveberts?