Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apparently there was an Occupy Halifax event

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn that there was, in fact, an Occupy Halifax event, and that it was conducted with the support of the Occupy Wolfville crowd (which explains the weak showing on the Occupy Wolfville front).

And while I would have guessed that such an event would take place in Cornwallis Park I guess it makes a little more sense that it took place on the Grand Parade.

What seems to set this protest apart from the original is that long-term occupation doesn't seem to be the goal. Instead of occupying the Grand Parade for close to a month the Occupiers seem to plan to head back again in a week.

I can't help but wonder if such a protest wouldn't have more of an impact both in actual and media terms if it were to be held on a business day?

1 comment:

Realistic Person said...

its because nobody here cares about the occupy movement. Its just a cool thing to do